Release Notes 2021.3.3
The goal of the Incorta Cloud 2021.3.3 release is to enhance data management and analytics capabilities. The following are the highlights for this release:
- Performance enhancement — enabled data chunking only with full physical schema loads, and enhanced the loading and extraction statuses of physical schemas.
- Key improvements — enriched the user experience with a new Incorta Sign up page, enhanced the Data Wizard user interface, improved the analyzer and visualizations tooltips, resolved issues related to CMC, connectors, OneDrive data destination, dashboards, and much more.
The following list includes the new features in this release:
- A new “Welcome to Incorta” Sign Up page is available with an option to upload a profile photo (JPEG or PNG format), enter your first name and last name, or opt out by closing the Sign Up page.
- The visualizations tooltip now displays colored dots beside the data values to indicate if a value is a measure, grouping dimension, or coloring dimension.
- Incorta Cloud no longer supports data chunking with incremental loads. When you enable the Chunking setting for a physical schema table, it applies only to full loads.
This release introduces the following major enhancements, key improvements, and important fixes:
- Fixed an issue in the CMC in which no new inspector files are generated when selecting “Execute Now.”
- Fixed an issue with the Include Prompt Selections in Excel Export feature in the CMC, where enabling the feature and adding a system variable as a Prompt filter, and then downloading the insight as Excel, resulted in rendering of the variable’s name instead of value.
- Fixed an issue with the Export All Data feature in the CMC, where disabling the feature, and then downloading an Aggregated table insight as Excel, resulted in a distorted table output.
Fixed an issue with the Tableau external integration in which extracting large datasets (greater than four million rows) would result in the following error message: An I/O error occured while sending to the backend.
- Fixed an issue where testing the connection with external file systems (Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive) from the Data Source dialog caused current related load jobs to fail.
- Fixed an issue that caused loading from Box files not to start due to a previous stuck load job for the same physical schema object. In this release, the request sent to Box will time out after a specific time interval and the stuck load job will fail to release the resources required by the next load jobs.
- Enhanced the user interface in the Data Wizard to provide a better user experience, for example, showing row count in case of load error and proceeding to Explore Data.
- Fixed an issue where the location of the Use Data Agent toggle button changes when toggled on or off.
- Fixed an issue where the Data Wizard card on the Incorta Cloud landing page displays incorrectly when the physical schema status is “Finished with Error.”
- Fixed an issue with the Data Wizard card where the schema status icon keeps loading when there are no physical schemas available.
- Fixed an issue in which an “HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed” error appeared when the Authorize button was selected for the OneDrive Data Destination.
- Fixed an issue in which a “502: Server Error” error appeared when sending dashboard tabs or insights to a OneDrive Data Destination.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to send a dashboard or schedule it to be sent to a OneDrive Data Destination as a CSV or Excel did not work and a “SendDashboard is suspended” email is sent instead.
Fixed an issue with physical schema notifications, where the schema notifications stop after loading the schema several times.
- Enhanced the loading of a physical schema to display an error message when a Materialized View table fails in the “Allocating Resources” state.
- Enhanced the Table Extraction status to display “Extracted” for tables that have finished the “Extracting” phase.
- Fixed an issue with the pop-up page name of a load job that had errors, where the page name was “Update Job Errors” instead of “Job Errors.”
- Fixed an issue with schema scheduling where the Next Load status was set to “Not Scheduled” while the schema had a scheduled job.
- Fixed an issue with the Runtime security filter where the value disappears after setting it in a physical schema table.
- Fixed an issue with the Pivot table insight to prevent the appearance of a blank space when a new column pill is added above an existing column pill, and when the new column pill is deleted.
- Fixed an issue in which the conditional format background color was not included in dashboards emailed or downloaded in an HTML or PDF format.
- Fixed an issue in which switching from a Pivot table to an Aggregated table caused the Aggregated table to no longer display.
- Fixed an issue with Table visualizations in which the last Grouping Dimension column is displayed incorrectly as a Measure column with a white and gray background.
- Fixed an issue with the Radial bar visualization where the legend label did not display properly when downloading the insight as PDF.
- Fixed a formatting issue with the timestamp and/or date in the Grouping dimension column.
- Enhanced the user experience for the Advanced Map visualization in the Analyzer to show an indicator and a tooltip when a layer has missing properties.
- Fixed an issue with the Sort By option of the Column pill in the Pivot table.
- Fixed an issue in which the Analyzer did not respond when adding a profit column from the Sales schema, in the Sample data, as a base table for revenue.
- Fixed an issue with the Attribute option in a hierarchy insight in which the Remove (X icon) and Clear All buttons should not remove and/or clear any columns used in a Grouping dimension tray.
- Fixed an issue in which the
schemaRefreshTimebuilt-in function returns NULL.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a column referenced in a formula column that is used in a join condition caused the dashboard not to render correctly and to show a wrong error message after the physical schema loads or updates instead of showing the formula column empty and the join-dependent columns with
- Enhanced the error message that is displayed or sent via email when sending a dashboard tab to a Google Sheet data destination where the number of cells to send per tab exceeds 5 million.
- Fixed an issue where the Subtotal value was not displayed when importing a dashboard with an insight that has the Subtotal property enabled for all columns.
- Fixed an issue in which an error message did not display when setting the Prompts filter as a Default filter failed.
- Fixed an issue with the dashboards downloaded as HTML where the downloaded table style differed from Incorta’s table style.
- Fixed an issue where presentation variables in insight titles were not evaluated when insights, tabs, or dashboards were either shared via email or downloaded in HTML and PDF formats.
- Fixed an issue with queries where the expression data type detection was failing for the sub-queries columns.
- Fixed an issue where a dashboard read lock caused an error when trying to synchronize with the Analytics service.
- Fixed an issue where an error occurred when trying to create a new data source.
- Fixed an issue with the Incorta Cloud landing page in which the banner’s language did not change when the language was changed.
The following table illustrates the known issues and workarounds:
|After importing a schema that has a Derived table (Analyzer table or SQL table) with encrypted columns, the loading job will succeed. However, dashboards using the Derived table will fail.||Contact Incorta Cloud Support to edit the Schema Definition and disable the “Encryption flag” on encrypted columns.|
|After importing a schema that has a Derived table with a disabled “Performance Optimized” flag, you cannot enable the flag.||Contact Incorta Cloud Support to edit the Schema Definition and enable the “Performance Optimized” flag for that Derived table, and then load the schema from Staging.|