Built-in Functions → weekStartDate
weekStartDate() is a conversion function that returns the first date of the week for the given date or timestamp.
A week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Date representing the start date of the week for the given date or timestamp.
Identify the beginning of the current week for the given date, 08/17/2021.
weekStartDate( date( "2021-08-17" ) )
Identify the beginning of the current week for the given timestamp, 2021-07-20 03:09:11.
weekStartDate( timestamp( "2021-07-20 03:09:11" ) )
The following table illustrates the behavior of the weekStartDate() conversion function:
Use the following steps for detailed instructions on how to use the weekStartDate() conversion function tackle the second example above in an insight:
In the Cluster Management Console (CMC), create a tenant that includes Sample Data. The Sample Data includes the SALES schema.
- In the Navigation bar, select the Content tab, and then select + New → Add Dashboard.
- In the Add Dashboard dialog, for Name, enter Product Dashboard, and then select Add.
- In the Action bar, select + (add icon), or select + Add Insight.
- In the Insight panel, select Listing Table or V.
- In Tables, select Aggregated Table.
- In the Data panel, select Manage Dataset.
- In the Manage Data Sets panel, in Tables, select SALES. Close the panel.
From the Data panel, drag and drop the following columns to the respective tray:
- Category from the PRODUCTS table to the Grouping Dimension tray.
Revenue from the SALES table to the Measure tray.
- In the Properties panel, for Number Format, select Dollar Rounded.
From the Data panel, drag and drop Add Formula to the Grouping Dimension tray.
The Formula Builder automatically opens:
- In Search Functions, select the down arrow, and then select Conversion Functions.
- Double-click the weekStartDate function,
weekStartDate(), to add the formula to the editor.
- In the Formula Editor, replace
- Select Validate & Save.
- In the Properties panel, for Column Label, enter weekStartDate().
- Name the insight Revenue Per Product Category.
- In the Action bar, select Save.