Built-in Functions → quarterWeek
quarterWeek() is a conversion function that returns the week number of the quarter from the beginning of the quarter for the current date, where a week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
To return the quarter’s week number for a given date or timestamp, use the quarterWeek() conversion function with a parameter.
int representing the current quarter’s week number.
Identify the week number of the quarter, for the current date, 08/26/2021.
The following table illustrates the behavior of the quarterWeek() conversion function:
August 26th is in the ninth week of the current quarter (Q3: July, August, and September). Thus, the quarterWeek() is 9.
Use the following steps for detailed instructions on how to use the quarterWeek() conversion function to tackle the above example in an insight:
In the Cluster Management Console (CMC), create a tenant that includes Sample Data. The Sample Data includes the SALES schema.
- In the Navigation bar, select the Content tab, and then select + New → Add Dashboard.
- In the Add Dashboard dialog, for Name, enter Product Dashboard, and then select Add.
- In the Action bar, select + (add icon), or select + Add Insight.
- In the Insight panel, select Listing Table or V.
- In Tables, select Aggregated Table.
- In the Data panel, select Manage Dataset.
- In the Manage Data Sets panel, in Tables, select SALES. Close the panel.
From the Data panel, drag and drop the following columns to the respective tray:
- Category from the PRODUCTS table to the Grouping Dimension tray.
Revenue from the SALES table to the Measure tray.
- In the Properties panel, for Number Format, select Dollar Rounded.
From the Data panel, drag and drop Add Formula to the Grouping Dimension tray.
The Formula Builder automatically opens:
- In Search Functions, select the down arrow, and then select Conversion Functions.
- Double-click the second quarterWeek function,
quarterWeek(), to add the formula to the editor.
- Select Validate & Save.
- In the Properties panel, for Column Label, enter quarterWeek().
- Name the insight Revenue Per Category.
- In the Action bar, select Save.