Built-in Functions → minute
minute() is a conversion function that returns the minute value of the current time, where the current time is the server time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
int representing the value of the current minute.
Identify the value of the current minute, for the given current time, 3 PM.
The following table illustrates the behavior of the minute() conversion function:
Thus, the current time is 3:04 PM.
Use the following steps for detailed instructions on how to use the minute() conversion function:
In the Cluster Management Console (CMC), create a tenant that includes Sample Data. The Sample Data includes the SALES schema.
- In the Navigation bar, select the Content tab, and then select + New → Add Dashboard.
- In the Add Dashboard dialog, for Name, enter Product Dashboard, and then select Add.
- In the Action bar, select + (add icon), or select + Add Insight.
- In the Insight panel, select Listing Table or V.
- In Tables, select Aggregated Table.
- In the Data panel, select Manage Dataset.
- In the Manage Data Sets panel, in Tables, select SALES. Close the panel.
From the Data panel, drag and drop the following columns to the respective tray:
- Category from the PRODUCTS table to the Grouping Dimension tray.
- Revenue from the SALES table to the Measure tray.
From the Data panel, drag and drop Add Formula to the Grouping Dimension tray. The Formula Builder automatically opens:
- In Search Functions, select the down arrow, and then select Conversion Functions.
- Double-click the minute function,
minute(), to add the formula to the editor.
- Select Validate & Save.
- In the Properties panel, for Column Label. enter minute().
- Name the insight Revenue Per Category.
- In the Action bar, select Save.