Built-in Functions → weekStartDate
weekStartDate() is a conversion function that returns the first date of the week for the given date or timestamp.
A week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
|date_timestamp exp||The |
Date representing the start date of the week for the given date or timestamp.
Identify the beginning of the current week for the given date, 08/17/2021.weekStartDate(date("2021-08-17"))
Identify the beginning of the current week for the given timestamp, 2021-07-20 03:09:11.weekStartDate(timestamp("2021-07-20 03:09:11"))
The following table illustrates the behavior of the weekStartDate() conversion function:
Use the following steps for detailed instructions on how to use the weekStartDate() conversion function tackle the second example above in an insight:
In the Cluster Management Console (CMC), create a tenant that includes Sample Data. The Sample Data includes the SALES schema.
- In the Navigation bar, select the Content tab, and then select + New → Add Dashboard.
- In the Add Dashboard dialog, for Name, enter Product Dashboard, and then select Add.
- In the Action bar, select + (add icon), or select + Add Insight.
- In the Insight panel, select Listing Table or V.
- In Tables, select Aggregated Table.
- In the Data panel, select Manage Dataset.
- In the Manage Data Sets panel, in Tables, select SALES. Close the panel.
- From the Data panel, drag and drop the following columns to the respective tray:
- Category from the PRODUCTS table to the Grouping Dimension tray.
- Revenue from the SALES table to the Measure tray.
- In the Properties panel, for Number Format, select Dollar Rounded.
- From the Data panel, drag and drop Add Formula to the Grouping Dimension tray.
- The Formula Builder automatically opens:
- In Search Functions, select the down arrow, and then select Conversion Functions.
- Double-click the weekStartDate function,
weekStartDate(), to add the formula to the editor.
- In the Formula Editor, replace
- Select Validate & Save.
- In the Properties panel, for Column Label, enter weekStartDate().
- Name the insight Revenue Per Product Category.
- In the Action bar, select Save.