Concepts → Incorta View
An Incorta View is one of two types of views that you can create in a business schema. The other type of view is a business schema view. Conceptually speaking, you can consider both types of views as being a runtime business view.
An Incorta View operates independently from other runtime business views, even when in the same business schema. An insight on a dashboard that queries an Incorta View is an applicable insight only for filterable columns from the Incorta View.
You can create an Incorta View with the Analyzer. Here are some of reasons why a schema developer will create an Incorta View:
- Curate the columns exposed in one or more underlying physical schema tables
- Curate the columns exposed in one or more runtime business views
- Implement an individual filter for the view
- Implement a distinct filter for the view
- Implement an aggregated filter for the view
- Implement a measure filter
- Standardize business terminology
- Standardize row-level formulas and calculations
- Standardize aggregated formulas and calculations
The Analyzer supports two types of visualizations for an Incorta View:
As the visualizations differ, they do not support all Incorta View configurations.
A Listing Table supports the following:
- an individual filter
- a distinct filter
An Aggregated Table supports the following:
- an individual filter
- an aggregated filter
- a distinct filter when there is no grouping dimension
- a measure filter
A dashboard runtime filter applies the filter expression to all applicable insights on all tabs of a given dashboard.
For a filterable column, an applicable insight meets one of the following conditions:
- the filterable column is a dimension or measure column in the insight
- the filterable column has a sibling dimension column from the same physical schema table, and that sibling is a dimension for the insight
- the filterable column is a dimension that shares a measure on the insight from a common child table with other dashboard insights
If a filterable column is from an Incorta View, the applicable insight must contain only measures or dimensions from that Incorta View. Similarly, if a filterable column is not from an Incorta View, the applicable insight must not contain measures or dimensions from an Incorta View.