You can import data from local files into Incorta. Incorta accepts CSV, TSV, TAB, TXT, XLSX, and ZIP formats.
For a list of other data sources supported by Incorta, see Data Sources.
For more information on how to connect to a data source, see Connect a Data Source.
You can upload files in the following formats:
- XLSX. You can upload password-enabled Excel data files. Developers must enter the password when creating a table based on this file.
- ZIP. Zipped files are unzipped automatically after upload.
To upload a local data file to Incorta:
- Go to the Data page.
- Select the Data Files tab. A list of uploaded data files displays.
- Select +New to open the New Data File window.
- Select a file to upload from your device.
When uploading a CSV file, you can enable a chunking feature to split one large file into multiple smaller files (determined by the size in MB that you specify) to extract the file using multiple threads. This reduces the extraction time for large CSV files.
- Navigate to the Data page.
- Select the name of the file to be shared to open the Share Data File window.
- Select +New.
- Type in the search box to select individual users or groups with whom to share.
- Select a permission level to assign to the user or group.
- Select Save.
To update a Data File:
- Upload a new version of the file you want to update with the same name.
- Select Continue when you are prompted to replace the existing file.
- Select the data files you intend to delete. An Actions menu appears in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Delete Selection from the drop-down menu.
- Select Delete to confirm that you want to delete the data file.