You can import data from local files into Incorta. Incorta accepts CSV, TSV, TAB, TXT, XLSX, and ZIP formats.
For a list of other data sources supported by Incorta, see Data Sources.
For more information on how to connect to a data source, see Connect a Data Source.
Incorta Analytics enables users to upload data files with a wide range of extensions. Zipped files are unzipped automatically after the upload. Password-enabled Excel data files can also be uploaded, where developers would need to enter the password when creating a table based on this file.
Additionally, administrators must enable this feature in the admin UI under “Tenant Configurations”, download the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 8 from the Oracle website at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html, and place the jar files in the “<INSTALLATION_PATH>/server/lib” directory.
To upload a local data file to Incorta:
- Go to the Data page.
- Select the Data Files tab. A list of uploaded data files appears.
- Select +New to open the New Data File window.
- Select a file to upload from your computer. Zipped files are unzipped automatically after the upload.
- Navigate to the Data page.
- Select the name of the file to be shared to open the Share Data File window. opens.
- Select +New.
- Type in the search box to select individual users or groups with whom to share.
- Select a permission level to assign to the user or group.
- Select Save.
To update a Data File:
- Upload a new version of the file you want to update with the same name.
- Select Continue when you are prompted to replace the existing file.
- Select the data files you intend to delete. An Actions menu appears in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Delete Selection from the drop-down menu.
- Select Delete to confirm that you want to delete the data file.